What is prenatal care? Basically, it’s a type of preventative healthcare; it’s the healthcare you are provided with right from the time of conception to birth. A healthy pregnancy is the best way to promote a healthy birth. It is absolutely crucial to take care yourself during pregnancy, both for the safety of yourself and for the baby. Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Regular doctor appointments to track your pregnancy and healthcare.
- Do not forget your supplements. Your doctor will monitor your nutrients but he will most likely prescribe multivitamins and of course folic acid.
- Avoid x-rays at all costs, extra care should be taken if it is necessary.
- Goes without saying: healthy food. Forget about the “eating for two” – it’s not true! As long as you’re getting enough nutrients and you’re keeping up with your fluid intake, you’re good to go.
- Avoid raw fish or meat, and also fish with high mercury content. Bye bye sushi?
- Stay safe and avoid vigorous activity. Engage in activities that provide pure joy. Immerse yourself to the beauty of those 9 months, it’s true what they say, it really is a magical journey!