In search of a delicious yet anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting drink?
Look no further, we found the perfect one – Turmeric Latte.
Leave it to SHA Wellness Clinic to provide us with delicious recipes that are beneficial for us; we took this one right from their books.
Enjoy this delicious turmeric latte in this colder weather to boost your immunity and nourish your body from the inside out. Both the ginger and turmeric are the star ingredients of this drink. Both of these roots originating from Asia are extremely beneficial to your health and when combined together, they make a powerhouse of health. Ginger, on the one hand, relieves and soothes gastrointestinal problems, alleviates nausea, has potent anti-inflammatory effects, and is extremely immune-boosting. The benefits of ginger and turmeric overlap, as they share many of the same properties. Turmeric is one of the most studied herbs in the field of science proven to be nature’s natural medicine.
Turmeric is best absorbed by the body when combined with healthy fat, as its nutrients are only fat-soluble, meaning that they require fat to be absorbed by the body. Adding black pepper also increases its bioavailability, making it even richer.
– 1 cup of plant-based milk (almond, oat, hazelnut, soy or coconut milk)
– 1 teaspoon of fresh turmeric chopped in thin slices (or you can use turmeric powder)
– 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger chopped in thin slices
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– Dash of black pepper
– 1/3 teaspoon of coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup (or agave syrup
– Wash and chop the turmeric and ginger into thin slices.
– Pour the plant-based milk with the turmeric and ginger into a pot and turn the heat on low-medium.
– Stir once in a while and once it’s coming to a boil, turn the heat down to low and add the cinnamon, black pepper, coconut oil and if you’ve used fresh turmeric, you can add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to give it more color and flavor.
– Pour the liquid into a mug through a sieve, to separate the ginger and turmeric pieces.
– Add the sweetener and stir well.